NOTD: Color Club – Wild At Heart + Shrinkage (UGH!)

This was my first try with a Color Club polish.  I had seen many swatches of Color Club Wild At Heart and fell in love.  It was a must have for my collection.  I have mentioned several times how much I love my purples and this one is no different.  Wild At Heart is a holoish-purple.  Each time I look at it, I think of a grape jelly purple-a true purple.   It has a slight holo effect.  It is in the same family as China Glaze Virtual Violet from the Tronica collection.  As for my opinion of the polish itself: In the pictures this is 2 coats, along with base coat and top coat.  The application is smooth and caused no issues.  With regards to the bottle, I am still a fan of longer brush handles, like those with China Glaze, Finger Paints, Orly and OPI.  The short brushes like those found with Essie, and Color Club, I am not a fan of.    

I mentioned the top coat.  With this application, I used Seche Vite’ Fast Drying Top Coat.  While it does actually dry my polishes extremely fast (approximately 15 minutes), I know that many have complained of shrinkage.  Up to this point I had never personally experienced shrinkage but I had read on several blogs and Make Up Alley that Seche Vite’ and certain polishes did not work well together.  Well I can now add Color Club Wild At Heart to that list.  This was my first experience with shrinkage.  Next time I will try another Fast Dry Top Coat, perhaps, Poshe’.  I am spoiled now and will not ever wait for my polish to dry.  But overall, I really do like Color Club Wild At Heart!!!  Purple lovers, it’s a Must!!! 

Comparison-Wild at Heart (Left) vs. Virtual Violet (Right)


Grace and Peace.

4 comments

  1. I stopped using Seche Vite a loooong time ago because of "the dreaded shrinkage" issue. I wanted a t/c that worked with all of my polish and didn't want to play a guessing game. So one of my favorites is now use Sally Hansen Mega Shine - no questions asked, a great topcoat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @AllThingsNails, does the SH Mega Shine dry as fast of Seche Vite"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! It's definitely worth a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @AllThingsNails, I will have to give SH Mega Shine a try. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

***Please Read Before Commenting***
Thanks for visiting and reading my blog. I appreciate your constructive comments and suggestions. However, I must insist on NO spamming links. If you do, I must delete your comment. Don't worry, I will be able to follow you, when you comment, your name is clickable and that link itself takes me to your profile on blogger. If you would like for me to visit your blog, simply email me and I will be sure to visit. Again, I always appreciate hearing from my followers and visitors. Grace, Peace, Joy, and Blessings.