NOTD: OPI Rising Star, another gold finger...

A few months ago I blogged about Orly Glitz, since then I have seen several people on MUA ask about different gold polishes. It seems that gold is undergoing a resurgence in popularity. Maybe because of the fast approaching Christmas holidays. But whatever the case, I will admit, and it is probably the same reason I prefer gold jewelry, I love the way it compliments my skin tone.

So today, I am finally sharing a polish that I have had since last holiday season. I'm certain that I am not the first to speak of this polish, but it is always good to see a shade on other skin tones.

For the winter/holiday season of 2010 OPI introduced 12 new polishes which made up the OPI Burlesque Collection.  Today I am reminding you of OPI Rising Star.  Rising Star is a gorgeous warm gold metallic foil. Whereas Orly Glitz is a butter yellow gold, OPI Rising Star is a cross between bronze, gold, and copper.  I must admit that this was a difficult shade for me to photograph. Depending on the lighting it took on several different shades, although it’s not a duochrome.  As you will see in the photos below, there are several different looks, all from the same polish.

NOTE:  I had to help with a move recently and to prevent any major damage, I filed  back my nails. It was successful, only casualty was a chipped thumbnail on my non-swatch hand. LOL!

Have you added any gold to your collection?

Review:
Bottle:         15 mL – 0.5 Fl Oz
Brush:         OPI Exclusive ProWide Brush
Price:           Reg. $8.50 however, I bought it on clearance for $4.99
Availability:  Discontinued. Some of the etailers may still carry it
Application: Normal for OPI, Smooth. In these pictures, I am wearing BC/TC, and 2 coats of NP
Selection:    This was part of a 12 color collection, but has since been discontinued.  OPI has a large ever changing selection.  They come out with several new collections throughout the year.  OPI also maintains a strong core collection readily available.

Remember, treat your nails and jewels not tools. Grace , Peace, and Blessings.

4 comments

  1. I love this color! It's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking at this untried one in my OPI drawer today and wondering why I haven't worn it yet! It's gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful :) I love golds but find it hard to get the perfect one for my super white hands :)

    ReplyDelete

***Please Read Before Commenting***
Thanks for visiting and reading my blog. I appreciate your constructive comments and suggestions. However, I must insist on NO spamming links. If you do, I must delete your comment. Don't worry, I will be able to follow you, when you comment, your name is clickable and that link itself takes me to your profile on blogger. If you would like for me to visit your blog, simply email me and I will be sure to visit. Again, I always appreciate hearing from my followers and visitors. Grace, Peace, Joy, and Blessings.