Soho Beauty: Beauty Sponge Review

So I had been hearing about the Beauty Blender® for quite some time however, I was not interested in spending almost $20.00 for a single make-up sponge.  Prior to now, I had used the common triangle sponges found in any drugstore, but was not satisfied with the streaky finish I would often get.  I started looking for something comparable but more in line with my budget. As fate would have it, one day I was in Walgreens and I came across a line of brushes I had never seen before and what did this line include?! A beauty sponge that looked very much like the Beauty Blender® but was more along the price I was willing to pay.  
Before I go into the review of this beauty sponge, allow me to tell you a little about this product line.  I am new to the Soho Beauty line. But it appears that they are making themselves known more beyond their website, http://www.sohobeauty.com.  In addition to Walgreens, I have also recently spotted their products in Walmart.  They currently have two brush lines, professional and silk. They also have beauty cases, cosmetic bags and a few acrylic holders.  To date, I have purchased their Beauty Sponge, the Retractable Kabuki Brush, All Over Eyeshadow Brush, and the acrylic Duo Cosmetic Brush Holder. I look forward to future additions to the line.

OK, on to the product review of the Soho Beauty Sponge.
  
Appearance: Although I have never tried the  Beauty Blender® , I can say on sight, the only difference I can observe is the band (ring) around the center of the Soho Beauty Sponge. I can see no other physical difference.  


Usage: Just like the BB and other similar make-up sponges you saturate the sponge with warm water and squeeze to remove excess water before using.  Another similarity, they both increase in size after. The dry Soho Beauty Sponge is about 2.5" and after soaking with water, it increased to over 2.75".



Application: I have been using the Soho Beauty Sponge for about 4 weeks and I really do like the finish it gives my face with applying my liquid foundation. I haven't experienced any of the streaking that I would get with the traditional sponges.  It left me with an airbrushed, well-blended complexion.  The smaller tip allowed me to blend the more difficult areas, such as around my nose and under my eyes.  The larger area allowed to blend the rest of my face for a smooth finish.


Clean-up: Is easy. I clean it daily with a small amount of my facial cleanser and allow it to air dry until my next use.


Price:  As you can see from the picture above, I bought the Soho Beauty Sponge from Walgreens for $7.99 as opposed to the regular price for a single Beauty Blender® for $19.95.


Overall Opinion: The Soho Beauty Sponge is worth the money and in my honest opinion removes the need for any other beauty sponge.  It gives a flawless and smooth finish to my complexion.  I would and will repurchase.


YouTube Review:    
Soho Beauty Sponge, Do I have to spend $20?






5 Star - Excellent




Grace, Peace, & Blessings.


* FTC: These products were bought with my own monies. These are my honest opinions. I am not employed by nor was I paid by this company.

2 comments

  1. I actually have the Beauty Blender (I saved almost over $10 by buying the set of two sponges and the cleanser from Amazon)and I really like it, but I think you are right that cheaper sponges work just as well. I got the Cosmopolitan brand sponge from Superdrug in the UK (4.99GBP)and I really can't tell the difference between using this and the BB (although the BB is much softer). Also, I use baby shampoo to clean my Cosmopolitan sponge and it works really well!

    ReplyDelete

***Please Read Before Commenting***
Thanks for visiting and reading my blog. I appreciate your constructive comments and suggestions. However, I must insist on NO spamming links. If you do, I must delete your comment. Don't worry, I will be able to follow you, when you comment, your name is clickable and that link itself takes me to your profile on blogger. If you would like for me to visit your blog, simply email me and I will be sure to visit. Again, I always appreciate hearing from my followers and visitors. Grace, Peace, Joy, and Blessings.