Product of the Day: Philosopy's Purity Made Simple

When I first started "For Me, It Works...", my intention was to talk about many different beauty products but I eventually redirected towards nails and nail products.  However, I left the door opened so that I could, when necessary, still review beauty related products.  So today I would like to share with you my Holy Grail facial cleanser.  I don’t know about you, but after a long day, the last thing I want to do is spend a lot of time removing my make-up and cleansing my face.  My absolute favorite facial cleanser is Philosophy’s Purity Made Simple – One Step Facial Cleanser.  This stuff is irreplaceable but it did replace several products I use to use.  No longer do I need a separate eye make-up remover, cleanser, or toner.  This one product does all that and more. 

I was first made aware of Philosophy’s Purity Made Simple via QVC, the television shopping network. I had previously used Philosophy’s Amazing Grace fragrance and loved that.  But being skeptical like most people, was hesitant to try Purity.  How could one product do all that they claim. 

Here’s what they claim:

“our award-winning daily facial skin cleanser is formulated to gently cleanse, tone and melt away all face and eye makeup in one simple step, while lightly hydrating the skin.”

Directions: gently massage a quarter-size amount onto a lightly damp face, and massage for 30-60 seconds. rinse and pat dry. use morning and evening. follow with appropriate treatment and moisturizer.

Claimed features & benefits
   -deep cleans pores and eliminates makeup build-up
   -natural oil extracts help condition skin
   -fragrance-free formula

Here are my observations:

During the demonstration on QVC, they had the model in full make-up, cleanse her face on camera.  She rubbed it over her eyes, lips, and entire face.  She was able to open her eyes with the product on her face, without burning or stinging.  Really?!

So one day, while in Sephora, I saw a small 3 oz bottle for $10.  I thought I would give it a try.  If I didn’t like it, Sephora has a great return policy.  That was about 4-5 years ago and I have been a dedicated user ever since.  I have used it daily as my facial cleanser.  It removes all my make-up, including the waterproof mascara and waterproof eyeliner (Smashbox Jet Set).  I tried that “open your eyes while using this stuff trick” and it really does not burn or sting. It is free of strong, obnoxious fragrance.  Also, I don’t get the tight skin feeling I experienced after using other facial cleansers.  For most products, my success measuring tool is repurchase.  One does not repurchase a product unless they really like it.  Let’s just say, I buy this stuff in the large 32 oz bottle and have repurchased that 32 oz bottle many times over.  Other uses I have tried: I use it to remove hair color from my skin (not that I color my hair, wink!).  I also use it as a shave cream and I get a really smooth underarm shave.  The one aspect that took a little getting used to is that this product does not lather or form.  It is a cream that “melts” away the make-up.  But if you are a die-hard lather person, there is a foaming version, but I haven’t tried it so I can’t speak to the quality of the product.  But I would expect the same outstanding results.

Philosophy claims that Purity is for all skin types.  OK, I use it on my combination skin and my mother uses (and loves it) on her dry skin.  Side note: The fact that my mother now uses Purity is a miracle.  She had used Noxzema for as long as I can remember; I’m talking decades.  She tried it once and was convinced and converted.

This post is a lot longer than I anticipated but this product is so worthy…Give Purity Made Simple a try…IMO, you won’t regret it. 

2nd Side Note: Philosophy’s skin care line as well as their bath & shower and fragrance lines are all outstanding.  Just to mention a few that I LOVE: Fragrance-Pure Grace, & Inner Grace; Skin Care: Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash, Microdelivery Peel, & Hope in a Jar Moisturizer; Bath and Shower products: Salt Scrubs, Candy Cane 3 & 1 Shower Gel, & Pure Grace Shower Gel.

Grace and Peace.

4 comments

  1. Are you serious this removes eyeliner and mascara?? I have got to get me some of this. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love this stuff and have used it for 4-5 years. I use both waterproof mascara and eyeliner and this stuff removes it. And it doesn't sting my eyes. One those occassions that I get heavy handed with the mascara, I just let the Purity sit a few seconds longer. Both Sephora, and Ulta carry the philosophy line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love PURITY Made Simple too!!! I saw it on QVC as well. But, like you I tried a sample size version. That's all it takes to get hooked. I also like some of Philosophy's other products as well. Especially the 3-in-1 shower gels. There are soooooo many to choose from & they ALL smell so yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Brenda, I love Philosophy and in particular, Purity. This is a great product line. And one you determine which products you like, QVC always has great pricing packages. Grace and Peace.

    ReplyDelete

***Please Read Before Commenting***
Thanks for visiting and reading my blog. I appreciate your constructive comments and suggestions. However, I must insist on NO spamming links. If you do, I must delete your comment. Don't worry, I will be able to follow you, when you comment, your name is clickable and that link itself takes me to your profile on blogger. If you would like for me to visit your blog, simply email me and I will be sure to visit. Again, I always appreciate hearing from my followers and visitors. Grace, Peace, Joy, and Blessings.