November Favorites!!!

Continuing with my monthly favorites, here is my November favorites.  I am including items from Hair Care, Skin Care, Bath & Body, Make-Up and of course Nail Care. I hope that some of these products will benefit you also.

Category: Hair Care – One 'n Only Argan Oil Moisture Repair Conditioner Key Ingredients have the tendency to cycle. The ingredient of the moment is Argan Oil. You can find it in all types of make-up, skin care and hair products. Most of the major brands have introduced new products containing Argan Oil. Argan Oil touts benefits for skin, hair and nails. This product is sulfate, phosphate, and paraben free. I have used it as a deep conditioner on dry hair and as a post-shampoo conditioner. Both methods leave my hair soft, detangled and moisturized. As with most Argan Oil products, I love the scent. One 'n Only Argan Oil Moisture Repair Conditioner is available at Sally Beauty Supply. This line also has a shampoo, oil treatment, restorative mask, hair spray, mousse, styling cream, curl cream, spray treatment, and a hydrating mask.

Stats: African-American, with 4B relaxed hair, stretches my retouches to about 10-12 weeks. Avoids products with mineral oil, and petroleum.

Category: Nail Care – Essie Crystal File
I grew up in the age of emery boards and then metal files. We now know that these are both detrimental to nail care. Both leave nail edges damaged.  Crystal (glass) files have been the most recent file of choice. Crystal files are great for shaping natural nails. They are gentle on natural nails and help seal the nail free edge. They are also good for preventing nails from splitting and peeling. Overall they leave a smooth finish.

They come in full size and a mini. I found my Essie Crystal files at Trade Secret during their Warehouse sale earlier this year. But I have since seen them in Ulta; but can also be found on eBay and Amazon.

Category: Make-Up – Fashion Fair Oil-Free Perfect Finish® Cream-To-Powder  I have searched high and low for the perfect foundation. I have tried several of the other well known brands, but over the years, there has only been one brand that gives me a perfect match. That is Fashion Fair. I have been a dedicated Fashion Fair user for several decades. Yes, I am that old. LOL!  Over the years, Fashion Fair Oil-Control Pressed Powder has been my choice for a foundation. I recently wanted to add a true foundation to my regimen. So of course I looked to my Fashion Fair. As someone with combination to oily skin, I chose the Fashion Fair Oil-Free Perfect Finish ® Cream-to-Powder. My perfect match is “Tender”.  It applies easily either with the included sponge or with a brush. It controls oil and doesn’t require touch-ups throughout the day. So my sisters looking for a good product line, check out Fashion Fair. It’s not just your mother’s make-up anymore.

Category: Skin Care – Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Line Smoothing Eye Cream  This past summer I won a tote filled with Palmer’s products and one of the products that I have grown to really like is the Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Line Smoothing Eye Cream.  As the Palmer’s website states, this product “is a soothing blend of anti-aging and moisturizing ingredients specifically for the sensitive eye area.  This smooth formula glides on, diminishing the appearance of fine lines, and softens the eye area”.  I have been using this product for about 5-6 months so I believe that has given me ample time to determine its effectiveness.  At 46, I had my fair share of fine lines in the eye area. After using this  product, I have seen a definite improvement in the appearance of these lines around my eyes. This is a product I will continue to use.


Stats: Combination to Oily skin with minor monthly acne.

Category: Body Care – Nubian Heritage Soaps The past few years I have seen a turn toward natural and/or organic products. One line I came across is Nubian Heritage. They carry bar soaps, body washes, lotions, and body butters.  They are affiliated with the Shea Moisture line, which carries hair, baby, and men’s lines. I have used several of their bar soaps including the African Black Soap, Mango Shea & Cocoa Butter, Carrot & Pomegranate and Olive butter. There are twelve different bar soaps. They each have excellent benefits, ranging from anti-aging, moisturizing, acne fighting, restorative, nurturing, uplifting, brightening & anti-inflammatory to name just a few. They are each certified organic.  I really like the African Black soap for fight acne problems. These soaps, can be found at many beauty supply stores, as well as online; Vitacost.com is the cheapest I have found so far.
 
I blog for the fun of it and hope that along the way, some of my experiences can help someone. What are some of your favorite beauty products?


Grace, Peace, and Blessings.

*
Note: With the exception of the Palmer’s Eye Cream, all of these products were purchased with my own monies. None of these reviews were sponsored, and these are all my own personal opinions.

1 comment

  1. I've been eyeing that argan oil line at Sally's every time I stop in. I think I might pick up the little travel size bottles to try out the next time I'm in. Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete

***Please Read Before Commenting***
Thanks for visiting and reading my blog. I appreciate your constructive comments and suggestions. However, I must insist on NO spamming links. If you do, I must delete your comment. Don't worry, I will be able to follow you, when you comment, your name is clickable and that link itself takes me to your profile on blogger. If you would like for me to visit your blog, simply email me and I will be sure to visit. Again, I always appreciate hearing from my followers and visitors. Grace, Peace, Joy, and Blessings.