Lippies for the Latte' Ladies...(v.1)

When I first starting blogging about make-up, I found the number of women of my skintone (NW43/ MUFE 173) presenting shades of makeup that would compliment our skintones lacking. So I set out to do just that.  While I can find tons of nail polish and makeup swatches on many different women, I would like to see more women of my complexion so that I can get a better feel for how certain makeup and nail polishes would look on me. So this is not necessarily to show you anything new but just to give you another view. I hope that this and future postings will help someone.

So let's get started...While my past lippies have been MAC, I decided to start exploring other drugstore brands also. I had seen the Cover Girl and it's Queen Collection but had never really taken a serious look at it until recently.  I started with Au Natural (Queen Collection) and I also picked up from the regular collection, Smitten. As you can see from my swatches below, Au Natural is a pinky-nude shimmer whereas, Smitten is a more plum cream lippie.  I was impressed with the coverage as well as the moisture levels from both items. The one thing that will turn me away from a lip product, no matter how much I love the color is dryness.  I really do like this line and will definitely be purchasing others.  Cover Girl is readily available. These lip products run less than $10 each.

As I mentioned, most of my previous lip product have been MAC. Whereas, I normally purchase the lipsticks, I recently purchased one of their Sheen Supreme Lip products. These are not as opaque as their normal lipsticks, but it gives good coverage and shine.  In my opinion, it can be layered with a lipstick or worn alone.  This is Quite The Time!, which is described as a deep blue plum. Again, I like the moisture level of this product. It can be purchased at any MAC counter, store, or on-line for $14.50.
Lastly, on a recent trip to Walgreens, I spotted the Black Radiance line of lip glosses.  I will be honest and say that I have been a brand snob and that Black Radiance was a brand that I did not wear.  But again, I am trying to incorporate a wider range of brands into my makeup and nail polish collections. So I spotted these lip glosses and had to give them a try.  The names intrigued me, Prismatic (Illusion) Color and Shimmering (Radient) Color. At only $3.49 each, I bought one of each color they had left. I will need to find the others.  I like that they are sheer but still deliver good color.


So that is it for now, but rest assured, I will be on the hunt for other Lippies for the Latte' Ladies. 


Grace, Peace, & Blessings.



* FTC: These products were bought with my own monies. These are my honest opinions. I am not employed by nor was I paid by this company.

No comments

***Please Read Before Commenting***
Thanks for visiting and reading my blog. I appreciate your constructive comments and suggestions. However, I must insist on NO spamming links. If you do, I must delete your comment. Don't worry, I will be able to follow you, when you comment, your name is clickable and that link itself takes me to your profile on blogger. If you would like for me to visit your blog, simply email me and I will be sure to visit. Again, I always appreciate hearing from my followers and visitors. Grace, Peace, Joy, and Blessings.