BZZAGENT REVIEW: Smooth 'n Shine® Keratin Power Semi-Permanent Hair Tamer

I recently became a BzzAgent* and my first campaign was the Smooth 'n Shine® Keratin Power Semi-Permanent Hair Tamer.  This product came just in time.  I have been fighting with the decision, whether or not to transition my hair to natural or return to a relaxer. I realize that there seems to be a natural revolution taking place and many people are very passionate about being natural. My attempt at going natural was not as passionate as so many.  I just loved my curl and wanted to see if I could do it.  I had gone almost 12 months post relaxer, but my fight with my new growth was just more than I wanted to deal with.  So when given the opportunity to try Smooth 'n Shine® Keratin Power Semi-Permanent Hair Tamer, I was not hesitant.  Again, this being my first campaign, I had no expectations, but I received my package.  Inside was a welcome letter, explaining BzzAgent and the Smooth n' Shine product.  It also include the full product, a BzzGuide, and several coupons for personal use and to pass out to friends.

So what is Smooth 'n Shine® Keratin Power Semi-Permanent Hair Tamer?  Its claims are that it will smooth & straighten hair with 5x less damage of traditional relaxers.  It also promises the ability to convert curly styles if you so desire, buy simply letting your hair air dry.  Whereas, my desire was not so much the ability to convert to curly, but to have the ability to straighten my new growth without much damage.


So what was my starting point?  Here are several pictures of my new growth and curl pattern.  These pictures depict anywhere from 9-12 months of new growth.

I went into this project with no expectations.  I read the instructions and viewed a YT demonstration video to make certain I applied it correctly.  Good thing...unlike a relaxer, in which you shampoo after applying the relaxer; with the Smooth 'n Shine® Keratin Power Semi-Permanent Hair Tamer, you shampoo prior to applying the product.  So after shampooing  (1 clarifying and 1 moisturizing) and detangling my hair, I parted my hair into 4 sections and applied the Protein Smoothing Treatment-tube #1 and allowed it to set the required time.  Rinsed and applied the Neutralizing Milk-tube #2.  I then applied the Nourishing Deep Recovery Conditioner.  My opinion of the application process: this stuff stinks.  Maybe not as strong as a normal relaxer, but it does have the sulfur smell that so many regular relaxers have.  It doesn't burn like the regular relaxers are infamous for. 
  

So after I rinsed out the product and then the conditioner, my hair was visibly less curly. But it still had texture, which I liked because I never like bone-straight hair.  So as instructed, I blow dried my hair. (Of course, I applied my leave-ins and heat protectants).  My hair had not been this straight in a long time. I had not been able to put a comb to my scalp in several months. So that night, I wrapped my hair and went to bed.
  

The next morning, I unwrapped my hair. It was soft, and had a good amount of body. I bumped my ends and was good for the day.  Throughout that first day, I would constantly run my fingers through my hair; it had been months since I could do that.  This product is supposed to last at least 6 weeks so I will see where I am at that point but for now, I am happy with the  Smooth 'n Shine® Keratin Power Semi-Permanent Hair Tamer.  So for this being my first BzzAgent campaign, I must say that I am happy with the program, and the product.  Lastly, this is not just for ethnic hair, curly girls (and men) UNITE!!!

Review Summary:
  • 5X less damage than traditional relaxers
  • Lasts up to 6 weeks or 5 shampoos
  • Contains Keratin 4 (a key component of the human hair) and Aloe 
  • Has cumulative effect, the more often you use the products, the smoother the results
  • Available in two formulations, regular and super
  • Only two steps with no mixing
  • Readily available, Sally, Walgreens, Drugstore.com, and several other stores
  • Price ranges from $8.99-$10.99
*What is "Bzzagent" -- It is a word-of-mouth program in which you sample products and services and then buzz (face-to-face, Twitter, Facebook, etc)  about those products or services you have tried-good or bad.  You are under no obligation to participate. For more information, click Bzz Agent FAQs.


Grace, Peace, & Blessings.







* As a BzzAgent, I received this product to try and review, but with no obligation. These are my honest opinions. I am not employed by nor was I paid by this company. 



No comments

***Please Read Before Commenting***
Thanks for visiting and reading my blog. I appreciate your constructive comments and suggestions. However, I must insist on NO spamming links. If you do, I must delete your comment. Don't worry, I will be able to follow you, when you comment, your name is clickable and that link itself takes me to your profile on blogger. If you would like for me to visit your blog, simply email me and I will be sure to visit. Again, I always appreciate hearing from my followers and visitors. Grace, Peace, Joy, and Blessings.