PRODUCT REVIEW: Mary Kay TimeWise Gel Mask & Eye Cream

Mary Kay is a brand that has been around for 50 years. But because of a less than positive reaction I experienced years ago after attending a Mary Kay party, I avoided the products. Even after my best friend became an Independent Beauty Consultant, I would not use the products. But that was over 25 years ago. Recently, I was offered the opportunity to review some of their newer products. After reading the information provided and asking some additional questions, I decided to give the brand another try.  As I've mentioned, the aging time clock is ticking and I won't go down without a fight.  


In addition to aging, I suffer with seasonal allergies and oddly, the "season" seems to be getting longer.  Mary Kay has recently released some new products that claim to help relieve some of the discomfort associated with seasonal allergies, such as puffy eyes, and dry skin.  

I have always had oily to combination-oily, skin but lately I've noticed more dry patches and find lines across my forehead. What the heck?!  So the first product I was interested to try was the Mary Kay Moisture-Renewing Gel Mask. 

First, their claims:
  • Combat dryness and brighten complexion. 
    • Cooling mask contains a potent blend of vital skincare essentials, including moisture-loving Sodium Hyaluronate, Vitamins E and B3, and an extract of superfruit Acai Berry
    • Helps skin feel calm, purified and nourished
Now, my experiences:
  • Of course, one of my initial concerns was if this would aggravate my oily skin.  But it is for dry to oily skin, dermatologist tested & oil-free.
  • Because of my experience years ago, I did a patch test for a couple days, and after no adverse reaction, I was ready to go full on.
  • It is recommending that this is used 2-3 times a week, so the first two applications, I tried the "10 minute then rinse method".  Since then I have been doing the "overnight" at least once a week. I love the cool, hydrating feel.
  • Especially after the overnight use, the next morning my skin feels moisturized and I am seeing an improvement of the dryness and fine lines I was seeing on my forehead. 


The next product I was interested to try was the Mary Kay TimeWise Repair Eye Renewal Cream. At least for me, one of the first areas that started to show signs of aging was that area around my eyes. With the constant rubbing, watering, itching, and squinting, the area around my eyes takes the most abuse. 

Now, their claims:

  • Soothe puffy eyes on contact
  • Targets undereye bags, puffiness and dark circles
  • Unique zamac metal applicator tip gently massages the under eye to help reduce puffiness and provide a fresh, cooling effect
Now, my experiences:
  • The area around the eye is very delicate and needs to be treated as such. When I'm looking for an eye treatment, I look for a product that is gentle yet effective.
  • I have been applying this eye cream before my other moisturizers.  Once  pplied, I use the gentle touch of my ring fingers to pat in the product.
  • I apply it twice a day and have experienced increased hydration, reduction in the appearance of my fine lines and reduced puffiness in the under-eye area. 
  • I love the cool touch of the applicator. It too, allows for a gentle application. A little trick that I use is to store this product in the refrigerator so that when I apply it, I get an even more intense cool application.




Now for the stats of the products:
So overall, I am please with these two products and will consider giving other Mary Kay products a try.  Since it has been decades since using any Mary Kay products, what are some of your recommendations?

    Grace, Peace, & Blessings.
* These products were sent to me for review consideration by either the manufacturer or the PR firm representing the manufacturer. These however are my honest opinions. I am not employed by nor was I paid by this company.

No comments

***Please Read Before Commenting***
Thanks for visiting and reading my blog. I appreciate your constructive comments and suggestions. However, I must insist on NO spamming links. If you do, I must delete your comment. Don't worry, I will be able to follow you, when you comment, your name is clickable and that link itself takes me to your profile on blogger. If you would like for me to visit your blog, simply email me and I will be sure to visit. Again, I always appreciate hearing from my followers and visitors. Grace, Peace, Joy, and Blessings.